Wednesday, November 25, 2015

My Second Shakshuka

I am a lazy person

Yeah, second time mentioning that.
When I cook stuff, I prefer it to be fast (especially when I am hungry). Today, I made Shakshuka for dinner. I know that there's the traditional way of making it properly, but I just couldn't wait. I had all the right ingredients so I was just like you know: "Bring it!".
Hereby starts the journey of Shortcut Shakshuka
I prepared the most basic of ingredients:
  • 1 chopped onion (big ones)
  • 1 tspn cumin (the seeds, cause I didn't have the powdered ones)
  • Pinch of salt
  • Some pepper
  • Heinz tomato paste
  • Chilli Sauce (I used Life Chilli Sauce)
I do also know that paprika should be essential to the Shakshuka, but unfortunately I don't have them with me.
  1. So I light up the stove, throw all the ingredients into the pan and begin to stir fry.
  2. When the onions turn slightly golden, I pour in the tomato paste, sprinkle some basil and add in the chilli sauce.
  3. It begins bubbling, and so I turn off the flames, pour the mix into a baking bowl (Pyrex) and then preheat the oven to 160'C (320F).
  4. I then make two wells and add in two eggs and then stash it (the bowl) into the oven for 20 minutes.



  • Inspired by Joy of Kosher; Jamie Geller
  • Shortcut Shakshuka

No comments: