Saturday, December 12, 2015

FIRST TRY! APPLE ALMOND TART

So I was feeling kinda adventurous today

Not. I was scanning my laptop for malware and viruses and it was taking freaking long and so I thought; why not make something while waiting?
I looked into the fridge and saw a slab of butter and two apples. And then there was a packet of flour under the sink. I was like - why not make an apple tart?
What I used:
  • 120g Plain White Flour
  • 60g Butter
  • 1 Tsp Cold Milk
  • 2 Apples
  • A few Almonds
  • Cinnamon Powder
  • Brown Sugar
I poured the flour into the processor and it weighed 120g. I then cut up the butter into a few pieces at 60g and processed them together. They processed real nicely (pulsed just three times for one second each) and then it's time to make the dough. A teaspoon of cold milk was enough to hold them together to make a pretty dough. I then added a tablespoon of sugar and packed them together into a ball and froze the dough for half an hour while I prepared the apples.
1
Once the dough was cold enough, I took out the tart tin and pressed them down evenly. This I poked holes around to prevent rising, and then baked for 15 minutes at 180'C. While waiting for that, I started to poach the apples in sugar and cinnamon (some water as well).

I thought that it would taste good as well, so I added some almonds I soaked in water for about a few minutes. When the apples have caramelized, the tart shell was done baking, and so I took it out and poured these naughty boys in em.
4
Then, it was time for baking. I baked them at 160'C for 15 more minutes. Removing the tart from the tin was hard, cause it was really - really hot.

7
8
Then, it was done. It tasted so wonderful and majestic with yogurt. I noticed, however that the middle of the crust was a little raw (from the image) even though they taste normal to me. Reminder to self to bake the crust longer maybe around 25 minutes at 180'C before pouring the apples and almonds in. All in all, a very educational session!

No comments: