Sunday, August 30, 2009

My life is so going..

UPHILL!!!

I have not written something like this for a long time!! Lets START!!

Title : Uphill
Settings : Place - Music Class, Actors : Me, teacher , head.

Wednesday, 11.02

A glimpse of ME going up the stairs is shown. It was raining outside.

Teacher : Come in.
Me : Yes.
Teacher : Take out your scale book, pieces and your notebook.
Me : (Takes out)
Teacher : Where's your violin?
Me : (Points at the bag)
Teacher : Take it out.
Me : As usual, the seven minutes of excitement.
Teacher : Play your scales without the book.
Me : (Oh no! I didn't practice oops oops) What scale?
Teacher : G Melodic + Harmonic
Me : (Hentam)
Teacher : Very good! Che Mek Chung Ming!
Me : What is "Che Mek Chung Ming"?
Teacher : Aiya, you Chinese or not?
Me : Yes.
Teacher : Nevermind. D and A melodic and harmonic.
Me : (Try use the same way to hentam)
Teacher : Very good. Take out your pieces and come with me, we play Moon River.
Me : (Take)

The music was harmonic and soothing to the ears, aside from some screechings that just came at unexpected times and off notes by the carelessness of the teacher. Well, I wont say its bad, just decent. Right on the line. Do I sound like someone right now? Its your imagination.

Teacher : Not bad..
Me : (Stare)
Teacher : Not bad what. Now do your theory outside.
Me : (Nod)

So I went outside and did the theory which was very confusing at the key signatures part. Then, I saw the head passing by. The head is the leader of the institution.

Head : (Walk pass)
Me : (Continue doing theory)
Head : (reverse reverse)
Me : (Stare)
Head : Stand up.
Me : (Stands)
Head : You are very tall hor, what you eat?
Me : Everything.
Head : Everything?
Me : Except durians.
Head : Stretch your hands.
Me : (Stretch)
Head : Are you interested in playing the DOUBLE BASS?
Me : (What should I say what should I say???) (Nod)
Head : Okay. When im free come and find me, I'l show you how to play it.
Me : (Nod).
Head : I need someone tall and big for the double bass. Its for the ochestra.

Oh well, so days pass and its now Sunday, at 3.36. Again, a glimpse of me was seen walking up the stairs. The weather is okay... decent... not bad..

Teacher : Come in..

(These parts are all repeating so I'l just skip to the interesting part)

Teacher : Play your scales.
Me : What scales?
Teacher : G,D,A harmonic and melodic.
Me : (Hentam)
Teacher : Wrong. Try again.
Me : (hentam)
Teacher : Wrong. I am unable to process your request. Please try again.

And this probably went on until the teacher gives up.

Teacher : Nevermind. Lets play moon river.

The music was good, but I admit it wasnt as decent as that day. I wasnt a wee bit suprised, as I didn't actually practice again. (Too busy Restaurant citying and barn buddying)

Teacher : Not bad what.
Me : (Surprised)
Teacher : Actually, there is a competition in September. I wish to enter in the competition with you. I mean, I already entered you IN the competition.
Me : (WITHOUT ASKING???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) (Stare)
Teacher : Uh, did you listen to what I said?
Me : Oh.. (oh wait) HUH!!!!!????
Teacher : Huh what Huh! Play moon river until there is no mistakes!!!

Ironically, I keep on making mistakes with teh second last bar. Keep on screeching at that part.

Teacher : Cannot play properly cannot go back.

(This triggered a trauma from childhood tiution and made me able to play that part correctly thank goodness maths tuition)

Teacher : You can go back now.
Me : Jumps all the way down.

So it actually means two things.

1 - I get to play the double bass in an unknown ochestra.
2 - I get to go in a competition that I never even knew I joined before.

Good? I don't know?
Bad? I don't think so!

No comments: