Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Vegan Flourless Oat Cookies

I made oat cookies yesterday - and they were delicious and crunchy. Today, I felt like making something healthier and I decided not to add any flour to the batter. Since I was already going this far, I decided again to go the extra mile and make it vegan. These are the ingredients, or what you would need:
  • 50g Rolled Oats
  • 1 Tbspn Brown Sugar
  • 1/4 Tspn Sea Salt (pinch)
  • 15g Coconut Oil
  • 1/2 Tspn Vanilla Essence
Simple and healthy, I made this in also about 50 minutes. All the ingredients, put in a food processor and then pulsed a second each time for three times. Scrape down the sides and pulse again if required. Now, what you want to do is to sprinkle some waterstir it up with a spatula/spoon/your hands and then refrigerate for half an hour so that it is easier to work with. 
1
After refrigeration, they should be easier to shape. Divide into several portions and put them on a baking tray lined with baking paper. With a fork, gently press down so as not to make the dough crumble too much.




Bake in an oven preheated to 160'C or 300'F for 10-12 minutes. When this is done, put them on a rack to cool, and then serve.
4
6
5

So there you have it, vegan flour-less cookies

Thank me later!
  • Kii

No comments: