Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Cover - Le Jour (Original by Satomi Sato) (Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete - 失われた未来を求めて)



The anime is Ushinawareta Mirai wo Motomete - 失われた未来を求めて- À la recherche du futur perdu

I didn't finish watching because I had limited internet back home where I can record, but I know the gist to the storyline. When I first started watching this anime, the opening song; Le Jour struck a nerve and it got me addicted to replaying every first few minutes just to listen to the song again and again.

I contemplated covering the song earlier - but I had classes and when my classes ended I went on a holiday trip to Queensland, Australia. Needless to say, this cover became delayed by two months or so before I finally went "Fck it, I MUST do it TODAY". And it took me around 6 hours to record. The MV itself took me around 5 hours, due to movie maker going buggy on me.

Again, as with Kuusou Rumba - the cover is HEAVILY customized. I would love to give my hearfilled thanks to sky_starry for the instrumental. Sound effects and illustrations used in the making of the MV are creditted in the video.

Uploaded this half an hour prior to Lunar New Year - just that it takes so long to upload. Happy Lunar New Year :)

--------------------------------------

So yeah, I am back in Malaysia. The flight back was long and taxing. International flight was okay - I got to rest my long legs and all that but the domestic flight sucked real bad. I mean everyone wants to save money - but we do not need to be tortured so badly we have to squeeze into our seats and have nowhere to place our legs (yes, it sucks being tall). AirAsia is such a bitch to tall people with long legs :/

The weather in Malaysia is still the same - humid and hot. It rains freaking every day in Kuching. Drivers in Malaysia are still inconsiderate (70% of them!) - like they cut into lanes without any signal and park like assholes. I am glad there are a few special people in Malaysia who actually gives a flying fck about how they drive. It is safe to say that I will still look to public transport as a relevant means of travel - and since Malaysia's public transportation system is .. underdeveloped, the best life for me is out of it (no braindrain! well - partly it is because of the job opportunities as well but I just want out).

It is funny how everyone is wishing EVERYONE a happy CHINESE New Year. I mean it is a new year for Koreans, Japanese, Vietnamese etc - would people name it Korean New Year or Japanese New Year? I think not. The best bet is to rename it Lunar New Year, but well - conventions set by predecessors are hard to change. 

New Year New Me, bake more. be healthy. meet new people. be awesome. dont cry. dont think suicidal thoughts. no self harm. 


No comments: