Saturday, January 26, 2013

KDL 2013

26th of January 2013, my school held a debate event again. It was called the 'KDL' (Kuching Debate League?); and I joined again as an inexperienced runner. There were a lot of times where I panicked but thankfully everything went fine.

The debate was overall interesting, with over sixteen teams consisting of about 10 schools. The themes of the three rounds were: End of the World, Sports and Superheroes respectively. The most exciting theme, in my opinion was the last one. As a runner, I act as the timekeeper in the debate hall, clapping at the appropiate time. There were many creative group names like Adamantium, Fabulous Girls (The team consisted of boys though), Team DAP and Passerby.

http://distilleryimage8.instagram.com/9b11fdfe67a611e2a2c122000a1f9d4d_7.jpg

The debate topics for round 3. The topics were interesting, though I wished I could see all of them, I only witnessed the debate on the third topic (regarding X-Men).

I am overall very happy to be participating as a runner, everyone helped me well; so I can end this post on a good regard :)

P.S : They should create a theme : The Supernatural


No comments: